Dear Josh,
It is amazing that only three short months ago, I was still pregnant. I wondered daily when you would arrive, what you would be like, and how our family would change when you got here. Well, now you're here and it seems like you've always been here. I can't imagine our family without you! You have brought us surprises (you look like your Daddy), challenges (an apparent dairy sensitivity and an aversion to bottles and pacis), and more love than we could have even imagined. I love to watch you sleep, and I love your smell of warm milk. Your smiles bring delight to all of us, and we can see from that twinkle in your eye when your face lights up that you want to laugh with us. You love any chance you get to be undressed, bath time especially, but even diaper changes make you happy. You love tummy time and we laugh when you hold your head and your feet up in the air and try to scoot around on your belly. Still unsteady, you often roll over onto your back when the weight of your head topples you over. You are starting to watch your brother Alex intently, fascinated by most everything he does. I know it won't be long before you are chasing after him. Slow down though, because I'm not ready for you to grow up just yet. You're still our "Baby Josh"!
Love,
Mama
2 comments:
Very sweet - I have chills.
Someone recently asked me what my favorite smell was and I replied "Wyatt" - so true. Love that warm baby smell. Everytime I nurse him or hold him I take a minute to just sniff it all in. It disappears too fast!
Beautiful letter!
Post a Comment