30 September 2008

Where's Alex?


Alex has been sleeping in his own room since 8 months of age. However, the game changed when he figured out door knobs. We stumped him for a while with the childproof door knob thing-y on the inside of his bedroom door, but he figured that out too. We put him to bed in his room, but we never quite know where we are going to find him later. One of his favorite spots is the upstairs hallway, right outside Josh's door. When I go up to feed Josh in the middle of the night, I always have to try to look carefully so as not to step on him... not always an easy task when I'm only half-awake and it's dark! Sometimes though, we've find him in the cardboard car-seat boxes we've kept in the playroom to play in or yesterday, in Mali's bed.

So far, he's stayed upstairs. But he does know how to work the childproof stair gate latch now so who knows where we might find Alex next!


4 comments:

Joanna said...

Are you SERIOUS?! That is hilarious! I would have never guessed a kid could do that.

Erin Burns said...

Okay - you are doing double time. No posts for 3 weeks and then 2 in two days.....You go girl!

My favorite part of this post is that you still wake in the middle of the night to feed Josh. I am glad that I am not the only one! Wyatt drank 10 ounces at 3AM last night.

Alex will be lucky to have this trait as he ages. I always wished I could sleep anywhere. Rather than only in my bed in the darkest of rooms! The sleepwalking down stairs would be enough to make my Mommy self an insomniac however!! Too Cute.

Erin Burns said...

PS - I think I am going to call Alex, "Waldo" from now on. Seems more fitting than "Carmen San Diego!"

LauraC said...

I am going to openly admit something that will probably horrify you, but we're planning to reverse the knob and lock the boys in once they can get past the doorknob covers. Our Alex would never sleep in his room if he knew he could get out... he would just come to our bed every night.

But those sleeping pics are SO CUTE!!!