27 November 2010

The Store, Part 3

I usually get the kids new socks from "Santa" to help take up space in their Christmas stockings.  I mean, they get some cool stuff too, but really, how many stocking stuffers do I really want to trip over for the next 12 months??  So when it started getting really hard to find clean socks for Alex, I figured that it was just time for new socks.  4-5 year olds are pretty hard on socks and it's nearly time to buy new socks, so that seemed reasonable.  But it was getting _really_ hard to find clean socks when getting ready in the mornings and it seemed like he was down to only 2-3 pairs.

Until today.  While getting ready to go to a holiday family get-together, I asked Alex if he had seen the second pair of brown socks he used to own because I was going to put them on Josh.  His answer?  "Oh yeah, they're in The Store."   He ran up to fetch them and came down with a homemade sock-container consisting of two cardboard boxes taped together.  On the side, in Alex's handwriting and phonetic English, was written: "Alex R. Unle for Sogs.  Kep Uat!" (Alex R.  Only for socks.  Keep out!)  Contents: 12 pairs of Alex's socks.

At least he didn't charge me for them.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Want a picture! Love The Store.