Yesterday little Josh was one month old! Wow, one month already? And what a way to celebrate... he had a whole lot of visitors from California... Uncle Scott, Scott's girlfriend Jackie, Great-Poppa Bob and Great-Grammer Bev. It was a busy weekend, but very very fun (will post pics from the weekend soon)!Maybe it's the confidence in my parenting that I've gained over the past two years, or maybe it's that I just knew what to expect, but having a second baby has seemed so much easier than the first time around. (Or maybe it's having great help- having Grammy BeBe and Poppa J around to help with meals, babysitting and spending extra time with big brother Alex has been wonderful!) Whatever it is, I'm grateful for it! The sleeplessness doesn't seem nearly as bad. Breastfeeding is easier and less uncomfortable. I don't cry every time Josh does. I already knew how to eat one-handed while rocking or breastfeeding an infant, and am now learning how to fix breakfast for a toddler at the same time. I knew better than to expect to be able to keep up completely with the household tasks, and am satisfied with getting fewer things done each day and amazingly efficient in those few times when I'm without either baby in hand. It is hard to describe how endearing it is to see Alex loving his baby brother, and amazing to me that you can love two babies just as much.
On the whole, Josh is a quiet baby, literally. Even at his fussiest, he's decibels below where Alex was at his age. He's strong, solid and growing like a weed. I was a little sad today as I packed up all the newborn clothes! He's working on outgrowing the 0-3 month ones as we speak... they definitely won't make it to three months! And best of all, Josh is a little mama's boy. Not that Alex isn't, but even from day one Alex had a special love for his Dad that no one else could compete with. I am so blessed to have these two amazing little boys in my life, and a loving partner to help me raise them. I couldn't ask for anything more!
3 comments:
You screwed up, he would have been a perfect Frijole! He totally looks like a Frijole. Oh well, maybe the next one...?
YAY for easy second babies! And I'm very glad to hear you're finding it a lot easier the second time!
Post a Comment