Josh has his 9-month check up yesterday- happy, healthy and growing, although definitely losing that baby fat with all of his newfound motor skills!
Weight: 17 pounds, 11 ounces (15th percentile)
Height: 28.9" (70th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18.75" (90th percentile)
At nine months old, he is crawling, pulling up, cruising, standing unassisted for 2-3 seconds, and starting to take 1-2 steps on his own! I'm not ready for a 10-month old walker, but he's fearless and wanting to keep up with his big brother!! He's got a pincer-grasp, eats three meals a day in addition to breastfeeding, and is starting to feed himself with soft table foods like bananas and peas. Kiwi is a favorite. He's got three teeth and a fourth one close to coming through. Mum-mum, dadada and hissss are favorite sounds- although he says mama when he's mad or frustrated and dada when he's happy (quite unfair, I must say). Favorite games are chase- if you sneak up behind him and say "I'm going to get you..." he laughs and crawls away as fast as he can- and when Alex plays peek-a-boo with him at the kitchen table. He loves bath time, but still resists nap time and bed time. He's sleeping in his own room, but since I've gone back to work has taken to nursing 2-3 times overnight. No sign of stranger-anxiety- Josh is always ready with a smile for anyone who smiles at him- but he shows preferences for people that he knows. Alex's school called and said they had an opening for Josh- so he's starting "school" with Alex in a week and a half. I think it will be a good thing- Alex is still having a hard time adjusting to going to school and I hope it will help to know that his brother is there too.
As Alex said yesterday, "I can't beweave it Mommy, Josh is growing up so BIG!".
No comments:
Post a Comment