08 October 2009

Been a little busy...

Sorry dear blog (again), I really am. Sometimes other priorities have to come first. A lot has been going on lately:

1) Uncle Scott & Aunt Jackie visited for a few days, then had to go back to L.A. My brother started business school at UCLA, and moved into a new apartment with his new wife and new dog (lots of new's in that sentence- all good!).

2) Auntie Mack is visiting here while she continues to move towards her dream of finding life, love, health, career and happiness. She might be off to New York soon, but we are happy to have her here visiting now! And she'll get to be here for Alex's Superhero 4th Birthday!

3) Went to San Antonio for veterinary continuing education, which was good. And Albert and the kids went along just for fun. Got to stay in a great kid-friendly resort (which we might have to visit again because it really was neat), have a margarita on the Riverwalk and enjoy a street fair outside of the Alamo with Albert and the kids (along with picking up some good info and catching up with classmates and El Paso friends at the vet meeting,). Also met up with some med-school friends that recently moved to San Antonio, and finally got to meet their two beautiful children.

4) Came home with laryngitis, which made the next two work days a little difficult. But I managed, and am almost back to 100% now. I hate cold weather but my allergies have been so bad lately I'm counting down the days until the first freeze when at least my allergies are sure to improve!

5) Got Halloween Costumes ordered (and received): Alex is going to be Batman and Josh is going to be Spiderman. I wasn't really excited about spending the money to buy such commercial costumes, but they were sooo excited about it (and can use them for the party too) so I caved. Started early because it looked like the Spiderman one might be hard to come by in a toddler size this year.




5) Started planning a superhero birthday party for Alex, who turns four tomorrow if you can believe it?! It's gotten a little out of hand, as parties tend to do, but it's going to be sooooo much fun! I'll save the details for after the party, but here's a preview of the highlight of the party: We now have a "cape closet" that contains 29 handmade capes and masks... at least until Saturday it does! (Thanks for the help, Mom and Mack!)





6) Finished all the shopping for the party. Keeping the food simple because we've got some elaborate games planned.


7) I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind first.

I promise some good birthday party pics on Monday, so come on back soon!!

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Can't wait to see party pics!
And NO I can not believe Alex is already 4!

Anonymous said...

Dibs on any left-over larger-sized capes preferably with yellow accents! Then I can truely be Super-Tripp!