25 November 2009

Funny, Funny Kids

1) Alex, to me at dinner last night (he now splits time between the "Older Threes room" and the "Pre-K room" at school): "Mommy, I do not like going to that big kid class. They do _so_much_work_ (as he makes a very, very pained face)!!"

2) Josh, to me as we were leaving school yesterday afternoon and he was playing with the flashlight on my keyring: "Me. Drive. Home. You sit by Awex. (Determined two-year-old pout)."

3) Alex (as described to me by one of his teachers): "I can't drive until I'm sixty-three. Then my mom will sit in the back next to Josh, put on her seat belt and I'll drive us around."

4) Alex to me as we were leaving for school this morning: "Mom, is tomorrow a Santa-day?"
Me, in reply: "No Honey, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Santa is still working on all the toys for the nice boys and girls. We haven't told him what you wanted yet, so he wouldn't know what to bring you. It's going to be a lot of days until Santa-day."
Alex, matter of fact: "Well, I want to send him an email. Email is fast mail. That way it won't take so long for Santa-day."

No comments: