05 November 2009

Happy Birthday to you, Baby Josh

Baby Josh. Oh my, there is so little baby left. You are two. Two years independent. You are still so sweet and just the best snuggler, but someone must have slipped and told you you are two, because all of a sudden you are such a toddler! And such a talker!

For your second birthday, you got two new teeth. And a talking Buzz Lightyear toy, so you can continue flying around the living room shouting "To Infinity and Beyond" (or "Al Infinito y Mas Alla", depending on your mood)! And a train/airport set. And a dancing Brobee. And a bunch of stuff about bugs. Such a lucky boy.

You hate going to sleep in your own room. You try to talk (and snuggle) your way into Mommy & Daddy's or Alex's bed most every night. Heaven help us when you can actually come downstairs on your own. Yet, you are so proud every morning when we come check on you, pointing and telling me, "This is my room! I sleep here! Yesh!" You tell me about the moon and the stars, and the thunderstorms, and the airplane hanging from the ceiling.

You are obsessed with TV. Your Dad and I joked while picking out your birthday present that the only thing you really wanted was a plasma TV in your room. Or a portable DVD player. That would make your world to walk around everywhere with a TV in hand. (But we know it isn't best for you, so instead you got a Buzz Lightyear. Sorry you have such responsible parents.)

You did your best not to pose for these pictures. But somehow that made them just perfect. It's both thrilling and heart wrenching to watch you grow up. I want you to stay little and fast-forward to see what you become all at the same time. No matter where you go and what you do, you'll always be my Baby Josh.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Happy birthday Josh! I can't believe you're 2 already! I love that first little face!

(Nate is a tv junkie too, I have to think it is genetic.)

Joanna said...

Libs, that was beautiful. I loved it.