I'll be turning 35 in January. I'm not sentimental or grumpy about birthdays, but 35 does sound like a big one. Like finally I have to acknowledge that I'm actually an adult. And a middle-aged one at that if you ask Albert.
In college, I rollerbladed everywhere, several miles a week at least. Okay, so rollerblading to class from Fleming House was just for fun and not really any exercise, but I did skate all over Pasadena and the Caltech campus for exercise too. And I skated at least once a week at Texas A&M while I was in vet school and taught yoga twice a week at the Rec Center. Two kids and twelve (gasp) years later, I'm down to no yoga and 1 skate every other Wednesday. And too much self-indulgence. My 35th birthday present to myself is to get back into shape.
My goal is to lose 10 pounds, fit comfortably back into all the clothes in my closet, and get stronger/more fit in the next three months. And thanks in advance to my crazy friend Laura, who provided the inspiration to do it: Warrier Dash Austin. Don't laugh. I know it's nuts. Maybe not for Supermom Laura who runs and races regularly, but it's way out of the norm for me. Costumes? Beer? Mud, Fire and Barbed Wire? I don't know why I said yes when she emailed and said she was putting together a women's team for this event in Austin. I take that back, I do. 35 isn't just going to happen. I'm going to embrace it and make it my own. There, I've said it. Now, I HAVE to do it!
Anyone want to come to Austin the weekend before Thanksgiving and cheer us on??

3 comments:
It is going to freaking ROCK.
I am seriously so excited about it. And excited to see you too!
I am in the process of losing weight right now for my boudoir photos in three weeks in Vegas. I am down almost 10 lbs since I started. Still flabby though. Anyway I use a free app for the iphone called LoseIt! and I love it. Easy way to track calories on the go.
But it generally sucks being on a diet!
Good for you, Lib! This is inspiring!
OMGoodness! So excited for you and proud of you. Wish I could join the team...or even just come to cheer you on! Next Warrior Dash close to me isn't until next April. I'll be there in spirit. GOOD FOR YOU! XOXO
Post a Comment