19 May 2011
Blackmail Gumbo
My sister texted me today to say she wouldn't call me until I posted new pics. And she went on to specify, pics of the kids, not lunchboxes. So here you go...
But while I'm at it, here's the rest of the news.
*My ABVP papers passed! Meaning, I get to sit for boards in November. November in Chicago, anyone? *Alex is finishing up another soccer season. He seems to show a real interest in martial arts however, so we have been trying out a few to see if maybe we'll do that instead for a while.
*He's also outgrew his old balance bike, so he got two "new" garage sale bikes (one for our house, one for Poppa J's house) and Josh is moving up to his old ones. Came with a "new" scooter, which he loves too. This kid just does not want to sit still! He did build a Lego Hot Dog (see pic) for a Lego contest.
*The boys are growing sunflowers in the back yard. So far the caterpillars haven't eaten _all_ the leaves so we're still hoping they make it to blooms soon.
*Our rental condo in Dallas is vacant. And we've got to renovate it over the summer so it's ready to go for the next incoming med student class. Wasn't I supposed to be studying for boards?
*I joined LiveMocha to help me study Spanish. It's really awesome and you should check it out if you're trying to learn (or retain) a foreign language. There are free parts and subscription parts. The subscription lessons are better, but you can still just go on there to chat or email with someone in another part of the world if you want to. Wasn't I supposed to be studying for borads?
*Joshie is his usual silly self... rocking out in the car, entertaining all the spectators at the soccer field, etc. Gotta watch that temper though. And his addiction to anything remotely resembling a movie or cartoon.
*Albert and I decided to enroll Alex in a 50:50 dual-immersion Spanish-English elementary program. It's K-5. Its offered through our school district, but unfortunately not at the elementary in our neighborhood and there's no bussing. Currently trying to figure out how we're going to swing two kids in two schools on days I work next year. Interviewing part-time nanny helpers. Wasn't I supposed to be studying for boards?
*We're still have crazy weather this year. Here's hoping it warms up soon so we can start hitting the pool at Bebe's house! Hey, I can study at the pool (yeah right). You obviously haven't been to a pool with two pre-schoolers lately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
November in Chicago will be so nice and warm!!
Post a Comment