Since its a 2 player Wii game, none of his friends had played before and 5 year olds are not the best at waiting their turn, we didn't play at the party. Instead, we set out tons of craft supplies and let the kids make their own "Skylander". Then of course we had a pinata, cake and presents.
Of note, the first attempt at creating this pinata was a total bust, literally. Josh, Alex and I made the first layer of paper mache but when it didn't dry in time to start the second layer, I set the pinata on the driveway to dry. Within 3 minutes, the whole thing had exploded. Note to self: don't heat art projects that start with an over-filled balloon. So, we went with plan B and made this pinata instead. Bebe and I had it done in an hour, and I let Alex and Josh color a web printable for each side. We forgot to reinforce the part where you hang it from and I overfilled it with candy, which led to a few technical difficulties, but the kids didn't mind.
Bebe made another awesome birthday cake... a Skylander portal with a Skylander guy on top.
It was loud, crazy and messy, but Josh and his friends all had fun. Thanks to all the family and friends who came or sent their love from afar!
![]() |







1 comment:
HOW is Josh 5??? We need to see you guys!
Post a Comment