20 April 2007

A Gummy Bear?


Yesterday I went to my first OB appointment with a new doctor. She seemed very knowledgeable and I liked her a lot. I had a brief ultrasound done to confirm that it was a viable pregnancy and the gestational age, which came out to 10 weeks 4 days (yesterday) so only one day earlier than I had guessed. That puts my due date at November 11, 2007. Here's the picture... at which time the ultrasound tech said "Congratuations, you're having a gummy bear!" Perfect. As long as it's not a litter of gummy bears, I'm relieved.

The heart rate was 156, which by the old wive's tale means it may be a girl. However, the chinese birth calendar states it may be a boy. In either case, this baby will be born in the Year of the Pig, along with a lot of others apparently...

4 comments:

Mack said...

oh no, guess i have to go back to japan to buy more good luck charms? woo hoo (unless they make gummy bear sized wooden clogs)

LauraC said...

Not just the Year of the Pig, it's the Year of the GOLDEN Pig! It only comes around every 600 years. I happen to know someone else who is having a Golden Pig but I can't tell who yet.

And THANK GOODNESS there is only one. I can't imagine what would happen if there were two :)

Litter mama Laura

Erin Burns said...

November 11th is the best day! It's Matt's birthday for one. Two, it's so easy to remember - 11/11. Three, it's Veteran's Day - so he or she, will always have the day off of school and work (as long as they pick a government job! :)

Glad to hear everything is going well!

Erin Burns said...

PS - both my girls' heart rates were 155.