05 April 2007

Texas Spring

Here in Texas, as soon as early spring hits, the bluebonnets start popping up all over. They only bloom for a short time, and then it gets hot and they wilt away. I think it is practically required if you have kids to pull over on the side of the highway, toss them into a patch of bluebonnets-- risking bee stings, spider bites and snakebites, and take pictures. So, trying to blend in with the natives, here are our requisite bluebonnet photos. Alex thought we were going on a grand roadside adventure, but as soon as I put him down in a patch of damp flowers and stepped back to try to get a photo, he didn't think it was such an adventure. It didn't take him long to get interested in the flowers, but out of 50 pictures, I never really did get him to smile. At least the alligator tears stopped!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Those flowers are gorgeous!

LauraC said...

I can see why this is a required photo! Gorgeous. Although I am a sucker for crying pictures.

Erin Burns said...

So cute! - I am impressed he lasted for 50. The colors are amazing.