Alex has started to tell us when his diaper needs to be changed. It's not every time, but when he tells you, he's always been right. At daycare this week, he patted his diaper to tell his daycare provider that he needed to be changed. She was suprised to find that his diaper was clean and dry, so she put him on the little potty chair and he went on the potty! We got him a little potty chair for home, but haven't had the same success yet. In the back of my mind, I was thinking it would be awfully nice if we could potty train Alex before baby #2 came, but dismissed it as a possibility because it seemed way too early. The pedi said to get him a potty and let him play on it, but not to seriously expect to potty train him until 2 1/2-3 yrs. Maybe it was a fluke, but just maybe, Alex will want to potty train before that. In any case, it was such exciting news that our daycare provider called both Albert and I at work to tell us, and took pics for the baby book. I'll spare you the last pic of the "evidence". That was too much information for even me!
(Sorry about the resolution, I think it's a camera phone pic.)
2 comments:
Yay for Alex! I'm so proud of him! He's a smarty, so maybe we shouldn't underestimate him.
That's too cute! He will hate you later...because it will be his girlfriend or wife who will love looking at these early posts and stumble across this pic! :)
Post a Comment