14 May 2007

Mother's Day

I had the most wonderful Mother's Day with Albert and Alex and friends. We celebrated on Saturday since I had to work on Sunday (ah, the life of an ER vet). Alex and I had a nice breakfast and a walk around the neighborhood while Albert went to work to check on his patients. The FedEx man dropped off some beautiful roses sent by Albert's parents, then our little family went and had a nice lunch out. We went shopping for a second fridge (desperately needed more freezer space) and came home with BOTH a fridge AND a kitchen table and chairs to replace the patio table and folding chairs we have had in the breakfast nook since we moved to the new house! Then the neighbor kids came over and we all went to the fancy health club where their mom works to go swimming. It was a little chilly, but what a cool place! Learned a lot of new radio stations thanks to the two pre-teens riding in the car with us, and realized that I am older than I thought because their music was mostly driving me nuts. Picked up drive-through on the way home, put all the kids to bed, then played I-Sketch until 1am with the neighbors. Went to bed exhausted from all the fun, but it was such a great day that it was worth it!

No comments: