Last month I was asking Alex if we could give his paci's to "______" (one by one insert name of each baby we know). Each time he said no. Next I asked him if we could give them to Santa Claus and he said no. But when I asked him if we could give them to the Easter Bunny, he surprisingly said "Yes"! So, that was the plan.
I was expecting him to renig on the deal, so I talked it up all month. Then on Good Friday we packed them all up in an empty Kleenex box, wrapped it with brown paper, and I wrote a note on the top explaining to the Easter Bunny that Alex was done with his paci's and would he please give them to some other little babies that might need them. With Alex clutching his box steadfastly, we drove the mall to seek out the Easter Bunny. I still fully expected him to renig, but after waiting in line for his turn, Alex marched right up to the Easter Bunny, handed him his box with a smile and wave, and kept on walking. I think I had more dread of the situation than Alex actually did. And since then, he's only asked for his paci once or twice but when I remind him that we took them to the Easter Bunny, he smiles enthusiastically and said "yes, little babies". As BeBe said, I guess he really was ready to give them up!
Next on the list: make pediatric dentist appointment for a checkup, and not have to feel guilty about still having a paci.
1 comment:
That is awesome! We had our ped dentist appt and it was so nice to say "They gave up pacis last week!"
Post a Comment