19 March 2008

It's all about perspective

When I was pregnant with Josh, I used to wonder how in the world we were going to fit stuff for two babies in the diaper bag because it was already full with stuff for one. Well, it miraculously does, and I'll tell you how...

What my Diaper Bag used to contain:

-six diapers
-pack of wipes
-tube of desitin
-roll of baggies for stinky diapers
-changing pad
-receiving blanket for nursing privacy or barrier for public changing tables
-small cotton blanket in case Alex needed it (the receiving blanket might have been previously used for changing diapers and thus dirty)
-clean onesie
-clean change of pants
-clean change of socks
-spare sweater
-sippy cup
-baby spoon
-bib
-rubber placement for restaurant tables
-two pacies (in a tupperware to keep them clean)
-snacks and a juice box
-assortment of toys
-one children's book
-baby nail clippers
-chapstick
-one of these to fashion an emergency bib if needed

What my Diaper Bag now contains:
-six diapers for Josh
-three diapers for Alex
-pack of wipes
-tube of desitin
-some of the rest of above stuff, depending on what Alex has dumped out and reappropriated

What I usually do instead (and leave the diaper bag at home):
-throw one diaper for each kid and a pack of wipes in my purse
-make sure there is at least one paci for Alex floating around in the bottom of my purse
-don't miss all that other stuff one bit...it's hard enough to just carry two babies around!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you have THREE little ones and you discover after being out that you have NO diapers - NO wipes - NO passies - and NO baggie of cheerios ! Scary - very scary ! BeBe

LauraC said...

That is hilarious!!! I always wondered why people asked me how we carted around stuff for two babies. We leave a backpack in the car with extra clothes, towels, diapers and wipes. Then we pack a much smaller bag with 1-2 diapers, wipes, sippies and snacks. That's it.

So I'm still waiting for the post on how parenting two kids isn't as hard as you thought? This is very interesting to me... feels like we have good weeks and bad weeks, so I'm interested in the singleton perspective.

Erin Burns said...

OH! Grandma BeBe - I have been there recently! And my mom was like "How can you leave your house without ANY diapers OR wipes?"

LIKE I DID IT ON PURPOSE!

Funny post Libby - totally made me laugh. We had so much more time to be organized with just one.

Can't wait to see you next week!