03 October 2008

Flu shots x 2

We were at the pediatrician yesterday and both boys got flu shots. Well, actually, Alex got the modified live vaccine that is sprayed in the nose, and Josh got the inactivated vaccine that is a shot. Both had runny noses before we started, but no fever and were acting fine. Josh was sleepy yesterday, and maybe a little cranky, but otherwise fine. Alex seemed fine for a few hours then started vomiting yesterday afternoon. He vomited at least 5 times and managed to get the rug, the pillow, the kitchen floor, the dining room floor, Albert's hands and the dishwasher. Today he's fine.

I don't think we'll go with the live virus again.

Sorry Alex, next year it's the shot!

3 comments:

Erin Burns said...

Oh gosh! NO FUN! I never knew that reactions between the two would be different. All 3 here just got the shot and luckily no adverse side effects!

LauraC said...

Oh my..... that is scary! And I am so glad that did not happen to me, by myself with both boys!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that Alex isn't feeling well but it seems like he'll be recovered in time for his birthday. I wish I could be there but love the extra updates to this side. Makes me a feel a little bit like I'm there. Love you all and miss ya!

-Scott