05 June 2009

Back in Business and Musical Beds

Ah ha, back in business. Still no idea why my computer sometimes goes on the fritz but it's working at the moment so I'll take it! Just a moment to post a couple pics, then back to work moving the boys' stuff.

For the past couple of days, whenever we told Josh we were done reading books and it was time to go to sleep, he would take off running down the hallway, go in to Alex's room, climb into the racecar bed, lay down with his head on the pillow, and try not to make eye contact! As if to say, "Ok, just turn out the lights, I'm ready to go to sleep here!" Alex was an early climber, so he was in a toddler bed at only 15 months. Aside from one climb out of the pack 'n play, we haven't seen Josh try to climb out of the crib, but I guess he just decided he'd rather sleep in the car bed.

SO, yesterday the crib got converted into a double bed, and Alex and Josh switched rooms. First night, and everyone slept the whole night through and I woke up to two smiling boys. It was a success.!

(Now on to actually switching closets... and possibly more musical beds to come. Alex said this morning, "I slept in my big bed all night but no one slept with me, where was everyone?" And Josh woke up and said "Alex, Alex, Alex" as he patted the racecar pillow. I think they will end up sharing a room pretty soon, but Josh needs to be a little older I think.)





5 comments:

LauraC said...

I'm jealous the transition was so easy!

Although until you posted, I never thought about how easy it is for us that the boys have one big closet, one big dresser, and everything gets stored in one place since they are the same size!

Uncle Scott said...

They are so cute. I cannot wait to see them soon. I hope Alex is excited about being in the wedding. Love all y'all. (That's Texan right?)

Anonymous said...

Where did our babies go ??? BeBe

Joanna said...

They look adorable and like such big boys. Is Joshie's hair getting lighter? And, when ya' coming out to CA again?

Erin Burns said...

WOW! I'm hoping things are still going so well (I have a way of bloggin about stuff and jinxing myself!) But I'm sure if it's a Racecar bed...then no little boy would want to climb out!

You guys coming here soon...For the wedding, right? I think it's at the end of June. Any chance we could squeeze in a playdate?