03 March 2007

Baby Monkeys get Toddler Beds

Alex spent the last few days under the weather with stomach upset and fever. And real vomit, not baby vomit. Ugh. Poor little guy. I think today he was on the mend, but still generally feeling poopy. And I totally made a rookie mom mistake... don't give your child sweet potatoes if you think there is even a slight chance he might throw them up later. However, that aside, while Albert and I were laying on the floor in his room while he was playing in his crib this afternoon, we both looked up to see him laying horizontally across the top of the crib rail and two feet dangling over- just a breath away from climbing himself completely out of the crib!!! Having done it once, he's not the kind of kid to give up next time, so we knew that had to be his last nap in the crib. Off went the front and now it's a little toddler bed. Holy cow, now what have we got outselves into? I can't imagine that naptimes and bedtimes will ever be so easy again...

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Just another in a long line of changes as your little baby grows into a real life boy! You will survive! Love, Grammy B

LauraC said...

Toddler bed already?! He's growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

This was one of the biggest adjustments for us and we are still trying to get Zack to stay in his bed. Wait till he starts to sneak into your bed. You won't even know it till morning. I love the updates, keep them coming!
Rach