08 August 2009

International Travel- Is it worth it?

I never thought I'd be one to patronize McDonald's in a foreign country, but sometimes you just end up there. One surprising benefit of eating at McDonald's in Mexico: pre-2003 Chicken McNuggets!

Some of you know about my little secret passion for McDonald's. Watching Supersize Me actually made me hungry, and I think I could eat solely McDonald's for 30 days straight. Chicken McNuggets, 2 BBQ Sauces, and Diet Coke (except when was pregnant, then I could eat their Cheeseburgers all day long- weird). Don't even talk to me about Monopoly. When they're running their monopoly game, everyone at my work just rolls their eyes and says, "We're eating McDonald's again?" However, Nuggets were SO much better before the change to the newer, "healthier", all-white meat nuggets. I was starting to think maybe it was just my imagination, that things are always better in "the good ol' days", but the ones in Mexico actually were better, just like the good ol' originals of my youth!

Ahhh... could have been heaven, except that the BBQ sauce was different. Note to self: next time you go to Mexico, pack a few packets of U.S. McDonald's BBQ sauce and try again!!

(BTW, as long as we're on the subject, "the boot" ones are my favorites. They fit in the sauce container best.)

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I'll have a cheeseburger happy meal with no onions and a sprite, please! Yum!

LauraC said...

I am a McNugget freak also. When I fell off the vegetarian wagon, I went straight for the McNuggets.

The McNuggets in Barcelona were the best ones I've ever had. So embarrassing to admit that but it's true.

Uncle Scott said...

HAHAHA, I never realized that. I thought I was just remembering the past with rose colored glasses but I totally thought that McNuggets used to be WAY better. I didn't realized they changed on me. Tijuana here I come!