04 January 2011

35

I turned 35 yesterday.  I've lost 10, okay, now 8, pounds, starting taking calcium supplements and finally switched to a daily moisturizer with sunscreen.  Following after Erin and Jeanene, no new years resolutions this year.  Still working on my papers, planning to get them submitted by the end of the week, and that will be a huge relief.

While snuggling with Josh before bed on Sunday night, we were discussing that it was going to be my birthday.  He got a flash in his eyes like I could actually see the light bulb go off, and this is what he said:


"What kind of cake do you like?"
"Cake?"
"Yeah, cake.  What kind?  Chocolate?  Do you like chocolate?"
"Yes, I like chocolate cake."
"Otay, good.  I'll tell Bebe, and then she'll make it for you.  For your birthday."
"That's sweet, Josh.  How about if my boys just take me out to dinner?"


Silence.  Another light bulb.

"We could have french fries ?  And hamburgers ?"
"Yes, that sounds delicious."
"Otay, then we're going to MCDONALDS, for your birthday, Mom!  How bout that?"

1 comment:

t + j said...

happy (very belated) birthday, libby! and congratulations on getting that paper weight off your shoulders. 12 lbs is insane! you are totally awesome to have that determination to get it done. what ever will you do with yourself now that you have all that time back! ;)