12 March 2011

Attn: Boy Moms

And here's what you need to know for all those pants you didn't buy at Sears...

http://threadsofgray.blogspot.com/2010/12/fixing-holes-in-knees-of-jeans-boy.html

Check out this great tutorial.  I repaired 5 pairs of chinos and 2 pairs of jeans using this method.  For Alex's school pants, I sacrificed a pair of chino legs (now hemmed into shorts for Josh this summer) so that the outside patches would match.  For Josh, my fashionista, I let him pick the patches from my fabric scraps so now they're blue and green argyle.  Much more his style.  All in all, the whole project took way less time than I was expecting and turned out to be kind of fun.  Before you know it, I'll be growing my own vegetables and learning how to darn socks.  

1 comment:

Auntie Mack said...

You mean boys' moms? Boy moms make it sound like moms who are boys. It is weird. Progressive. But weird.