Yes, I know it's been forever since my last update! Things are good here, just busy! Alex is starting to talk more and we are trying to speak to him in Spanish as much as we can. A lot still comes out as unidentifiable gibberish, but like all parents, we are learning to interpret his attempts at language. Both"levantame" (pick me up) and "ayudame" (help me) come out as "ah-may", "pen" is "piin", and "movie" is "u-ve". But he's trying and learning new words frequently.
I'm feeling good. Lots more energy and no more nausea in the second trimester... but still, chasing after Alex wears me out so when he naps, we both nap! I'm starting to get a little belly, and can sometimes feel the baby moving around. I've got another OB appointment next week and then the big ultrasound at the end of the month.
For Memorial day we had lots of company... both my brother and sister were in town to visit and see my parents' new house, and Albert's parents were able to come up and visit too. Unfortunately we had rain and lightening so no one got to take advantage of Grammy and Poppa's new pool, but a good time was had by all anyway. My brother is now back in LA starting a new job and my sister is in the Netherlands starting a legal internship for the summer.
Our 5th wedding anniversary is tomorrow, and to celebrate, Albert and I took a little vacation to New York City last weekend. Alex stayed with my parents (first time away from home overnight), and we had three days of shopping, eating, walking, and spending time with friends in New York. Albert's high school friend Phillip got married so it was fun to see some of Albert's old high school friends again and to meet Phillip's new wife Laura. Plus, I had never been to NYC so I loved just seeing the sights and the people! We had a great time and I hope some day we can go back and spend a few more days!
I've got some pics and some video to post soon... but am in the middle of a computer switch-over which leaves me with no photo editing software. Will get this corrected soon so I can post them. Check back soon...
1 comment:
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!
Post a Comment