20 November 2008

Alex's Computer

In this household, computers are a way of life. There are always at least two up and running at any given time. Don't own a phone book. Don't have a stash of take out menus. Don't have a physical calendar or address book. Why would you? So it wasn't long before Alex was wanting to use the computer too. We were disappointed with the quality of the "kid computer" software like V-Tech that was more toy than computer. We tried running Edubuntu (kid version of Linux Ubuntu) on a dying laptop but finally just resorted to setting up an old desktop in the corner of our office and running Windows on it so we could load on a bunch of kids software from the local library. Diego is a current favorite.

I don't know whether to hope it's not long before Alex can use a computer better than I can or to study my butt off to keep ahead of him. Maybe he can teach me how to use my new SmartPhone??

3 comments:

LauraC said...

You need to teach him to update your blog. HA HA

Erin Burns said...

Laura made me laugh out loud...sorry!

My girls are the same, unfortunately we don't have the space right now for a kid computer. I always let them open a word doc on my laptop tho and play "office." Which I think is hilarious, b/c neither Matt or I even go to or have an office!

Love Alex's smile in this pic!

Joanna said...

Good one, Laura! Made me laugh, too.

Yes, we love hearing from you, Libs! We'll even take Alex when you're busy.