12 November 2008

Updates, anyway

Okay, so I haven't been too great with the pictures lately. Sorry! We have had a lot going on though... Josh turned one and we had an party to celebrate, complete with visiting Nona & Abuelito, and Tia Eileen from Houston. I know someone somewhere must have gotten a decent picture of Josh's first birthday so if you did, could you please email it to me? I have some video trapped on my video camera and reportedly some pics on BeBe's computer at home, a lot of good that does you today. But let me assure you he did turn one, with lots of friends, family, balloons and an "alligator turtle" cake to celebrate!

Secondly, he got his first haircut. And those pics are trapped on my cell phone. Someday you might get to see them. But he is adorable, and as Albert says, "Now you can see his big pumpkin head (whisper: that he doesn't get from me) all the better!

Thirdly, he's still mildly anemic. We've been doing iron supplementation for a few months now and it hasn't fully corrected so we're scheduling an appointment with the hematologist. Please cross your fingers for us that this is just a minor thing that will resolve. Otherwise, Josh seems to be doing great.

Lastly, Josh has started weaning. Which I have mixed feelings about. I'm sad because his baby phase is almost over, but happy not to be dragging out the dreaded pump at work. He's still nursing about once a day but I know that won't last long. The one year milestone also means he gets to drink some milk (but the pedi said to keep him on formula until we figure out the anemia thing) and eat eggs. We celebrated with scrambled eggs & cheddar cheese this morning- that was a hit!

One Year Stats:
Weight: 20.6 pounds (25% percentile)
Height: 74.3 cm (49% percentile)
Head Circumference: 48.5 cm (94% percentile)

And... guess who got a upgraded seating arrangement in the minivan?! It took him all of 5 minutes to figure out there was a TV that he was missing all this time. Hey, there is a movie to go with that soundtrack??

Oh, and to top it all off, Josh has been running a fever since his vaccinations last Friday. Poor baby! Poppa J picked him up from daycare on Monday morning because they sent him home and spend all afternoon trying to get a tired, sick baby to take a nap so he would feel better. Tuesday morning he got to go to work with me for 1/2 a day until I could get a replacement, and today, he's actually better I think but I kept him home from daycare for one more day. So much for the to-do list for today!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I am totally laughng at the tv-in-the-minivan comment. ("There's a MOVIE to go with that soundtrack??")

And, you can NOT write that your son got a haircut without posting a picture. That is a no-no.