04 November 2008

Toddlers: The Answer to Unsolicited Phone Calls

I don't know about you, but we get a TON of debt collectors calling. Not for us, of course, but for any A-something Ramirez they think they can track down. Or we also get a lot of calls for a Nisha Sanders- so Nisha Sanders whoever and wherever you are, please stop using our phone number! Anyway- we typically politely ask them to take us off the list and not call us again after explaining that the person they are looking for doesn't live there. It isn't unusual though to have the same company call four times in 48 hours.

After going through this process during lunchtime the other day, Alex started repeating "Leave me alone. Don't call me back. Leave me alone. Don't call me back. Leave me alone. Don't call me back." after I hung up the phone. That's not exactly what I said, but it was exactly what I meant.

Hmmm... perhaps next time I should just put Alex on the phone??

3 comments:

LauraC said...

I do that all the time! Whenever a telemarketer calls, I always put Nate or Alex on it.

Erin Burns said...

Sounds like an awesome idea! Waste their time as much as they waste ours! Love how Alex is so straight forward and succinct!!

Joanna said...

Yes, I think you should put Alex on the phone.