New Years Resolutions often bring a resolve to eat healthier and try to lose weight, especially to moms hoping to someday regain their pre-baby shape. Admittedly, I wasn't trying very hard, but I was trying to eat reasonable portions and cut out some of the extras. Like cookies. I can do without cookies. At least I thought I could, anything other than a fresh-baked homemade chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven of course, because, really, no one could refuse that. Given the choice, I would totally rather save the calories for anything by the name of Ice Cream, especially Haagen Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (not affected by the great PB recall of 2009). But now, I think there is a cookie conspiracy!
It's not entirely my fault. I have a total sweet tooth. And I have proof that it's genetic... his name is Alex! But as hard as I try to clean out the pantry, the cookies keep lining up! Albert brought home Pepperidge Farm, Laura came bearing Jo-Jo's from Trader Joe's (curse you, because they're really good!), I had to buy some Pirhouettes to make "Berries Ath" for guests, and lest we forget, it's Girl Scout cookie season and I had to buy some from someone's kid at work. Ack! And then there's the ones I occasionally bake for the family, and the ones my Mom occasionally bakes (and shares!). Another Ack! And then there's the ones at work, often homemade, from coworkers and clients.
Seriously, I think the cookies are out to get me. No matter how hard I try (serious effort here, trust me), they keep showing up in the pantry.
Okay, okay, I give!
Guess I'll just have to rollerblade more... good thing the weather is getting nice!
2 comments:
Sorry about my part in all this! You have contributed to our problem of chocolate chip pancakes for weekend breakfasts, if that makes you feel any better.
We love JoJo's. I buy extra boxes at Christmas to last us till at least June! :)
And I agree - mysteriously appearing cookies are totally not your fault. Nothing else to do but eat!
Post a Comment