20 August 2010

Legoland Summer 2010


Legoland San Diego was a blast.  The kids loved it and the quality of the park was better than I expected.  The only think I didn't like was that so many of their rides had height restrictions, but we had read ahead of time that was the case so we were prepared.  Alex saw a picture of a roller coaster on the Legoland website before we went and said: "I've never been on a roller coaster, but I've *always* wanted to."  It said that you had to be 40" tall to ride it, so we found a measuring tape and checked his height, and he was just tall enough.  From then on, all he could talk about was going on a rollercoaster.  SO unexpected and SO out of character for my cautious tentative first born child, but he did it with no hesitation and LOVED it.  Rode every one he could, even this big bionic arm thing with Albert that shook them every which way before setting them gently back down on the platform!

And yes, there is writing on our kids' bellies (blurred out for blog purposes).  The only draw back to this Parent Hack tip is that when your kids take off their shirts to play in the water playground, they are the only two kids running around with Sharpie tattoos.  I take that back.  There are two other drawbacks.  It's surprisingly hard to convince your kids they want tatoos on the bellies, and it only add to the invincible complex all little boys have.  When you try to talk to them about staying in sight of you and not getting lost, they shake their heads, pull up their shirts, and say, "It's ok, Mom.  I have my number right here."

No comments: