21 January 2007

New Skills for Mr. Personality!

I am so impressed by my friend Laura Case. She is the one who inspired me to start this blog. She has TWIN boys, works, and still manages to find the time and the inspired words to post on her blog every weekday. And I am just as impressed by my friend Erin Gregg who started her blogging days with an "okay, so how do I get a blog too?? is it hard??" and now is busy posting slide shows and U-Tube video links! Some days I just don't have anything interesting to say, and other days, I just barely find the time to get the laundry and the dishes done let alone blogging. Where does the time go??

Well, if you spent one day with us, you'd quickly see. Alex is just the same little Alex he has been from day one, always busy and always on the go! We can hardly get him to sit still to read two pages of a book in a row, but he's so fascinated in how things work. Where does this go? Can I pull it or push it or put it in something? Can I bang it, can I climb it, can I chase it? Can I open it, can I close it, can I stand on it? Can I dump it and reorganize it? It is so fun to watch his little personality developing. He still doesn't say much that is recognizable, but he makes lots of sounds and definitely makes his wishes known! It amazes me how much he understands. He knows exactly where Mali's food bowls are and where the bag of dog food is kept. His favorite pasttime if the laundry room door is open is to go and get a handful of dog kibble and put it in Mali's bowl. He also knows exactly where the cereal is kept in the pantry and how to open the box of whichever one he's selected. If you tell him it's time to go, he runs to the front door and waits for you to get there. If you tell him to go get his shoes, he runs to the line of shoes in the kitchen and picks up his. If you tell him it's bath time, he heads for upstairs and starts trying to pull off his shirt. For a little guy that doesn't talk much, he sure understands plenty!

Alex's newest trick is spinning in circles until he gets dizzy and falls down. Then laughs hysterically at himself. It's really quite adorable and I hope soon to catch it on video so I can post a link for you to enjoy it too.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Erin figured out the slide show all on her own. But who taught her how to post video?

...yours truly.

:-)

LauraC said...

I am blushing at the shout-out, but my motto is to get everything done before the kids are mobile. I'm screwed when they're both mobile. We'll see how my blog fares when they can get in the office and use the computer.