I traveled light so that I could bring back a lot more stuff. Over the years of trips where that last thing just wouldn't fit, there was an odd assortment of stuff left at my parent's house. Plus the stuff that we bought or borrowed this time... most of it made it back this trip. Heavens knows what the airport screeners thought when they looked in my suitcase. Among other things, it contained a ukulele and instructions on how to play happy birthday on the ukulele, a N-gauge toy train, a little ceramic man I made in junior high school, rubber spatulas, yarn and knitting needles (my newest hobby), oat and flax seed instant oatmeal, cashews and dried apricots (a trip to Trader Joe's... wish we had one locally). Oh, and a stuffed monkey named Zippy. The spare inches were stuffed with the remainder of a bag of baby diapers and the remainder of a can of baby formula.
Here's a few pics from the trip. Alex really enjoyed playing Great-Grammer Bev's piano. So did his cousin Beverly. Then Grammy B and Alex out on the deck. Lastly, Serious Alex having a plate of snacks. I'll try to post some more tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment