I decided recently that I was going to teach myself how to knit. After fumbling through my first project which was a scarf, I decided to take on the more ambitious project of knitting Alex a sweater. Grammer Bev set me up with all the knitting supplies I could need and a great reference book that taught me how to follow the knitting pattern, and my Mom gave me some leftover green wool yarn. With that in hand, I started knitting away during the occasional slow night at work... and to my suprise... it actually turned into a baby sweater. And it even fits Alex! However, there is one small problem. It's 100% wool and in the meantime, it has definitely turned into Spring here in Texas. Two days ago it was 83 degrees. Today it's raining and thundering and I think it's still 73 degrees. So much for the wool sweater. Good thing there is another baby on the way that just might actually get some use out of it. Alex wore it just long enough for a picture!
30 March 2007
It fits!
I decided recently that I was going to teach myself how to knit. After fumbling through my first project which was a scarf, I decided to take on the more ambitious project of knitting Alex a sweater. Grammer Bev set me up with all the knitting supplies I could need and a great reference book that taught me how to follow the knitting pattern, and my Mom gave me some leftover green wool yarn. With that in hand, I started knitting away during the occasional slow night at work... and to my suprise... it actually turned into a baby sweater. And it even fits Alex! However, there is one small problem. It's 100% wool and in the meantime, it has definitely turned into Spring here in Texas. Two days ago it was 83 degrees. Today it's raining and thundering and I think it's still 73 degrees. So much for the wool sweater. Good thing there is another baby on the way that just might actually get some use out of it. Alex wore it just long enough for a picture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Darling sweater . . .
Darling baby . . .
'nough said ! Love, Grammy B
I am impressed! I have been wanting to learn how to knit for awhile too. The sweater is adorable!
Leave it to you to knit a sweater. I have always been impressed with your creativity. You are very talented in many ways!
Interesting how you made sense of those knitting notes. I took a look at them and had a flashback to chemistry! Lots of symbols, equations, and unfamiliar vernacular.
I am very impressed...and I LOVE the sweater!
Post a Comment