15 January 2008

2 Month Stats

Wow, how time flies! And kids grow!! Josh weighed-in at 13.5 pounds (87% percentile), 23.5 inches in length (71% percentile), and a head circumference of 16.3 inches (80% percentile). I'm having to return half the diapers I stocked up on before he was born and trade them in for bigger sizes. I swear Alex went through box after box of size 1-2's, and Josh only made it through half a box before they were just too small! And of course two months of age brings lots of shots. Pobrecito (poor kid), Josh got the shots and Alex got the lollipop!

Josh took his first couple bottles of expressed breast milk okay, but decided after that he just didn't want anything that wasn't straight from the source. (We haven't had any luck getting him to take a paci either- he's not at all interested unless it's his own fist.) After a couple of tries, we got him to accept a different type of bottle than we were using, but he didn't read the book of typical baby behavior and will take it much more readily from me than from anyone else. Since I'm planning to go back to work part-time next month, it's important that we get it worked out, so I've been trying to give him a bottle once a day to get him used to it. Having to pump twice daily (once for the back-to-work freezer stash and then once for the bottle) isn't fun, but so far it seems to be working. Wish us luck as we try to get him to accept a bottle from Albert, Grammy BeBe and anyone else we can sucker into trying! His pediatrician didn't seem worried. She said he's obviously a good eater, so he's not going to go long without taking something once he has to!

On the bright side, the baby acne is mostly gone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess he's keeping the tradition of the "big" little brother alive. Go Josh!

LauraC said...

Such a sweet little face!

Erin Burns said...

We went thru a couple different bottle too. Wyatt only will take it if I warm the nipple first, so it's soft and the milk has to be pretty warm too.

Love those cheeks!

Joanna said...

Yay! Thanks for the update on the fam!

Anonymous said...

Nice big healthy baby!! He loves his MGM (aka. Momma's Good Milk). I'm glad Kate's not the only one :)
You have a beautiful family!