01 January 2008

8 Weeks Already!

I can't believe that little Josh is already 8 weeks old. Nor that we call him little Josh, as he is anything but. He's got rolls and rolls that Alex never did, and wants to nurse constantly! Next Monday is his two-month check up, so we'll see what he actually weighs then.

He's developed a fussy streak and turned into the gassiest little guy I've ever seen. But he's also starting to spend more and more time alert and looking around, kicking his feet and staring fascinated at every ceiling fan he can find. Being an "archer" has its perks too... he holds his head up well and loves to spend time on his tummy, pushing up with his arms and back and looking around. Yesterday I think he was actually "talking" to us, smiling and cooing in true communication style.

The newest battle is getting him to take a bottle, as he will readily suck on your finger or his own fist, but refuses all attempts to get him to take a paci or other plastic nipple. We're still working on that. Plus, we've all still got head colds, which doesn't help the matter any.

We spent Christmas in California with my grandparents, parents, brother and sister. Since my parents actually live here now, it was an adventure for us all to go "home but not home" and camp out at my Grandparents beach condo, but SO FUN too! Being overwhelmed enough by traveling with two babies, I don't think I took a single picture but there is one shot I am looking forward to seeing: on Christmas Eve we dressed up the 5 of the 6 great-grandchildren (the 6th was in AZ) in sweaters that my grandma had knit over the past few years and got a picture of them all together. Actually, I think my aunt took a ton of them, as photographing two toddlers, two babies and one newborn is a bit like trying to photograph five wriggling monkeys, so here's hoping that at least one turns out ok!

No comments: