21 June 2008

First Night in the Crib

Part of my hesitancy to move Josh up to his crib (instead of the Pack'n'Play in our room) was the fear that one crying baby in the middle of the night would turn into two when he woke up Alex (whose room is also upstairs). So...

Since Alex spent last night at BeBe's house, it was the perfect time to see what happened. I got home from work at 10:30pm, dream fed a sleepy Josh and put him back down in the crib. Amazingly enough he stayed asleep! He woke to nurse again at 12:30, then slept till 5 am! Doesn't sound like much, but at this point, I'll take small victories. Yet another small victory was that he nursed again and went back to sleep in the crib. All in all, his first night in the crib was a success! I know there will probably be many bumps in the road, esp when big brother Alex is back sleeping upstairs, but maybe it won't be as difficult as I imagined. In any case, a little hope goes a long way.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

What a wonderful feeling! I hope this works out for you guys! I wonder what the difference is to Josh...