12 December 2008

Cools Cuts 4 Kids WAS Worth It!

On the advice of a friend with a son a few months older than Alex, we took Alex to one of those ridiculously expensive kids haircut places for his first haircut. I mean seriously, $16 for a 5 minute, no shampoo, very mediocre haircut? However, once again, Sara was totally right. No crying, no fussing, no wiggling. I don't know what it is about it... the little car they get to sit in, the movie playing in front of them, the new surroundings and total strangers... but my little never-sit-still kid would sit perfectly quiet while the lady cut his hair every time, so we just kept going back. That's where we took Josh for his first haircut too.

Yesterday, I finally worked up the nerve to try to get near Alex's head with a pair of sharp scissors AND IT WAS A SUCCESS! He was just in need of a little trim, but by now he's been through the process so many times (and watched Bebe cut Poppa J's hair a few times) that he did just great. I trimmed Josh's bangs too, but he was a little harder. I put him in the highchair in front of a Baby Einstein video but he wasn't as distracted as I'd hoped and because of the highchair, it was impossible to reach the back of his head. We might have to keep taking him to the haircut place for a little while longer. And Anthony, those tiny gold engraved haircutting scissors that you gave me all those years ago still work great!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

You can't post this without pictures!