23 December 2008

Christmas MeMe

Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags! I am so terrible at wrapping presents that Albert' s family makes fun of me. Seriously. At least now I can claim that it was because Alex was "helping"!

Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Safety first. Plus, Albert
(like my Dad) thinks the whole thing is a ridiculous waste of time and energy so I put up the tree on my own (like my Mom). It'll still be a few years before I have a couple of strong boys that I can make help me.

When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving.

When do you take the tree down? After New Year's.

Do you like eggnog? Ewww. No.

Favorite gift received as a child? My Little Ponies

Hardest person to buy for? Albert. He'd rather buy it himself.

Easiest person to buy for? Myself. I know just what I'd want!

Do you have a nativity scene? No. Advent calendar though.

Mail Christmas cards? Yes! I'd love to get a family picture every year, but at least we have to get a good one of the kids sent out. I love getting Christmas cards in the mail, and look forward to getting the mail every day in December. Now I just need some kind of holder to go on the wall to display them during the Holidays so I can enjoy them more (hint, hint Santa).

Favorite Christmas Movie? I'd have to go with Erin on this one. Elf was pretty cute for a silly comedy Christmas movie. Alvin and the Chipmunks is also kind of a Christmas movie.

When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as can figure out what the start buying. My goal every year is to start in September and do 100% of it online so that I'm done well before Christmas. I still have shopping to do for this year!! Ack!! Next year, I swear I'm going to be done before December 14th!

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so. I have wrapped up stuff for the kids that they were going to get anyway (like clothes and socks) just so they can open it. Does that count?

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The SWEETS! Ginger snaps, pumpkin bread, Christmas cookies...

Lights on the tree? White.

Favorite Christmas Song? They are all annoying. I change the radio station every time. Do we really have to listen to these again? However, watching Alex "sing" them for a program at school and singing along with this singing santa decoration we have is adorable.

Travel at Christmas or stay home? Wish we could be at Grammer Bev and Poppa Bob's with all the family for Christmas Eve.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Probably not.

Open presents on Christmas Eve or Morning? Both!

Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds and the stress of trying to buy everyone the "perfect present".

Favorite ornament theme or color? Our ornaments are all animal ornaments except for a few. Alex has a favorite rocket ship ornament from Aunt Jackie and Josh loves to play with the two suede star ornaments that BeBe & Poppa J gave us this year.

Favorite Christmas dinner? Christmas morning breakfast. With hot cocoa and whipped cream of course!

If you had to choose, presents or stocking? Presents!

TAG, YOUR IT!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I remember that show stable! Melissa loved My Little Ponies. She had the castle, too.