Alex and Josh got to open their Christmas presents from my parents early since BeBe and Poppa J are going to be in California for the holidays. They each got one of these- an animatronic cub that purrs and meows and opens/closes its eyes. We got home from their house really late at night and Josh was sound alseep but Alex was still awake so he helped me carefully unpack them each from their boxes. Tucked in with the instructions was a little "adoption sheet" that I read to Alex. It read something to the effect that you were "to love and protect your cub, when you are awake and when you are sleeping, just as your cub would do for you." I guess Alex was really listening and took it to heart. He took the tiger cub up to bed with him, but once we got there, he asked for the lion cub as well, as Josh was sleeping and so he needed to protect them both. I thought we had him all snuggled into bed (Mali's bed actually, since Alex has decided that he'd much rather sleep there in the hallway than in his own room) but he kept shifting and turning, trying to figure out how to keep his arms all the way around them both. I asked him what he was doing and he said "Mom! I've got to pro-tect 'em! I've got to protect 'em when I'm sleeping. I don't think I can do it. I can't protect 'em both!"
Awww.... just melted my heart! He was so serious and concerned!!
(We finally settled them into their own nest of blankets right next to Alex so they could protect him!)
3 comments:
i love this story and the new look for your blog! thanks for keeping us updated even at a distance :)
That is so SWEET! I used to feel that way about my Cabbage Patch Kids.
I love hearing all of these stories but it definitely makes me sad that I only get to see the boys once or twice a year. =( Jackie and I really miss all of you and can't wait to come back to Texas.
Post a Comment