28 April 2009

Ticket, ticket, who's got the ticket?

As we were driving to a playdate at a friend's house last week, I got this running commentary from the back seat...

Alex, demandingly: Mommy, drive faster! I want you to drive faster!
Me, as we are passing a cop parked in a school zone: I can't drive faster Alex, we might get a ticket.
Alex: A ticket! Mommy, I want to go to the MOVIES!

2 comments:

Uncle Scott said...

Maybe you could have gotten a police escort to the theater. You never know until you try...

Libby said...

Yeah, right. You know, I saw the weirdest thing today... two cops escorting a man out of Sam's club today, apparently after he threw a fit that they wouldn't fix his cart with a squeaky wheel and Sam's Club had to ask him to leave (of course, they let him pay for his stuff though and the cops helped him load it). Totally weird.