14 November 2006

First Haircut!

Alex and I were at the playground the other day, and there were three other 13-month old babies that he was playing with. I noticed that all of the other babies had nice neat little hair cuts and little Alex (besides being the smallest but not just coincidentely the cutest) was the shaggy dog of the bunch. Oops, I guess he's overdue for his 1st haircut! But first, I wanted to be sure to cut a lock of hair for the baby book. I knew from my previous experience cutting locks of hair from dogs for their owners that it is essential to rubberband the lock prior to cutting it or it's impossible to gather up. But since my orthodontic days are long over, where would I find a teeny, tiny rubberband suitable for such a small lock of hair? Ah ha! The perfect solution presented itself while we were in PetSmart this weekend... I stopped by the canine grooming department and (after sheepeshly explaining what I needed it for) they gave me one that would have been otherwise destined for some little poodle. So today, when I woke Alex up from his afternoon nap and he was still groggy, I did the deed and cut off a lock of his hair for posterity. Now he definitely needs his first haircut before any of his baby-friends notice his little bald spot! (Just kidding, it's not really that bad.)

No comments: