03 November 2006

Step right up, Madam

Alex and I spent all afternoon running errands yesterday and he was getting very tired of it by the time we made our last stop at Costo. He was fussy and irritated, and I was about to call it quits until we walked past a big demo booth for the Vita-Mix 5000. There was man with a microphone putting on a whole infomercial about his blender-juicer machine, and Alex's entire mood changed. He was suddenly fascinated and all smiles. We stopped to watch, and everytime the man would put something in the blender, Alex would loudly say "Oooooooohhh!" and everyone would laugh. Then he would try the batch of whatever it was, and cry when the sample cup was empty! By the time he finished off two cups of peanut butter-banana-soy shake, an orange-pineapple-carrot-banana juice, a cabbage-strawberry-squash ice cream, and a cilatro-tomato-black bean-tortilla soup, Alex was doing such a good job selling the thing, I thought they would give us one!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I guess he is following in Auntie Mack's footsteps . . . he'll probably put a Magic Bullet blender on his Christmas List ! Grammy B

LauraC said...

This is possibly the funniest story I've heard all year. Perhaps he has a future in infomercials?

Laura

Anonymous said...

I agree with laura - the funniest story I've heard in awhile! I'm thinking of investing in one if it can get my girls to eat cabbege, squash, cilantro...and the like!