01 November 2006

Happy Halloween from Pirate Alex

We had a very fun Halloween yesterday. Our friends Peter, Rachel and their 2 yr-old Zach were visiting from El Paso. We took the boys dressed up in their costumes to a local mall because it was too cold to do much outside, and they had a blast playing at the indoor playground with all the other little supermans and ballerinas. I never did get a really good picture of the two of them standing next to each other, mostly because they never stood still! Then we had lunch at the food court and stopped by the Bass Pro shop where they almost got eaten by a giant shark. It would have been an adorable photo to get one of Pirate Alex sitting in the mouth of the shark, but everytime I tried, he cried and ran off as fast as he could. Oh well. I guess I do want him to be afraid of sharks after all. Then I had to go to work for the evening to take care of all those dogs that ate chocolate on Halloween, but Albert took Alex around to some neighbors' houses and they had a good time handing out candy to the neighborhood kids.

Whew! This week our guest room has been full, as we had a last-minute visit from Grammy B and Poppa J this past weekend and then the Wersted crew of Rachel, Peter, Zach, their two dogs and two birds. As soon as I get the sheets and towels washed, our guest room will be open for business again. Who's next?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shark picture! Such a cute story :)His pirate costume is cute too. Did you make the parrot?!

Libby said...

Nope, the parrot came from one of his toys. I was just shocked that he left it on his shoulder all day!
-Libby